Friday, February 15, 2013

One Word 2013

Last year I picked one word to focus on for the year - Pursue.

It turned out pretty well - I pursued better health, more exercise, more time spent with loved ones and most importantly I pursued becoming a parent. I didn't achieve all of those goals, but I made a lot of progress and I think I'm on a solid path.

So, as I thought about picking another word to focus on, it was tricky and took me a while to actually find one that summed up what I want this year to be about for me.

And I think I've found a pretty good one:


 
Noun
  1. The period of time now occurring.
  2. A thing given to someone as a gift: "a Christmas present".

I love that my word has two very distinct definitions! I actually picked it because of its dual meaning. 

The first definition was my original choice - I wanted a word that would help me in my quest to not worry as much about the future. Last year was full of anxiety - a constant roller coaster of wondering what was going to happen next. And I don't want this year to be the same way. I don't want to spend my time waiting for the other shoe to drop or anxiously worrying about my next doctor appointment. So, the idea of "being in the present" was the orignal reason for choosing the word.

So the alternate meaning - "gift" - was a happy bonus. A constant reminder of how blessed I really am these days. I want to be more conscious of the little presents that fill up my days. I hope to add a lot of things to my "Lucky Life List"!

So there is my One Word for the year! Overall, I am excited for this upcoming year and all the things it has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your support and prayers are so important to me!