Sunday, October 21, 2012

Breathing Easy

Sorry that I dropped off the earth halfway through September! There were quite a few things that put life on hold, or maybe more accurately, life happened and less important things got put on hold.

But I did have a very important doctor appointment a couple weeks ago. Another round of ultrasound and blood test and then meeting with Dr. R. Except this time, I didn't even get to see Dr. R! But I did see his PA, who gave me the best news I've gotten since January.

My CA-125 is back down to 16!!

This is EXTREMELY exciting!!!

The two things we have been watching closely are the cyst to see if its growing and my CA-125 level to see if that number is increasing. A few months ago, it seemed like it might be - which is why I've had follow ups every 1-2 months instead of the typical 3 months. Then it kind of leveled out two months ago, but was still too high for my liking.

But now it is squarely back in "normal" range - and the fact that I don't have to see Dr. R again until NEXT YEAR (January) is just icing on the cake.

After that doctor appointment, I realized just how much I'd still been putting parts of my life on hold since last year. Not completely on hold, but still being extra cautious. Not making real long range plans and holding my breath every month to see if any plans I had made would have to change.

Now I feel like I can make some real life decisions. Some are already in the works and others are still being mulled over. But mostly, I just feel like I'm breathing easier and that is a beautiful feeling!

PS- I had to postpone my first 5k - but it coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your support and prayers are so important to me!