Friday, August 24, 2012

Camp Rachie 2012!

Camp Rachie started as a joke last summer when Bug, Bean and their cousins all came and stayed for two nights while their parents attended a family wedding. This year had fewer campers - just Bug and Bean - but we still had a ton of fun over four days!  (Don't mind the picture quality, these are camera pics - using the fancy camera is hard when your running after two kids!)

 One of the first things we did was make popsicles. I took the girls to a local fruit market and we picked up tons of fresh fruit. Then we used my new juicer to make delicious combinations - lemon/raspberry/grape and blueberry/raspberry/strawberry were my favorites. The girls got a kick out of putting the fruit in the juicer and took turns pressing the button. 


We then took a walk to the park down the street and played hard in the hot sun. Those popsicle were so good! 


The next day our big adventure was going on a "El" train tour. We boarded one of the trains and just took them all over town! We went down to the loop, took the trains out near my job, made sure the girls got a glimpse of the Lake, and took the subway too. The girls thought it was so cool and were such troopers!


The next day the girls' mom and brother plus our friend Sarah and her little one all came into the city. We braved public transportation again and made our way to "The Bean". This was especially exciting given that our Bean had never been to the Bean! The kids thought it was pretty cool. We then made a VERY long trek down to Chick-fil-a for lunch. Lisa took Bean home with her because I had big plans for Bug the next day!


I took Bug to her first waterpark about 3 years ago now and its kind of become a tradition. Most of the ones we have gone to have been smaller kiddie parks. But this year I took her to a full fledged water park - she was SO excited. We went with a few of my girlfriends and their kids. She loved playing with the other kids and was so brave going down the bigger slides. She still isn't quite ready for the grown up slides - but I bet by next summer I will be standing in some long lines with her! 


Such a fun weekend was had by all. I can't wait until next summer for Camp Rachie again!


1 comment:

  1. That looks like a great time. Are you accepting applications for next year?

    ReplyDelete

Your support and prayers are so important to me!