Monday, April 2, 2012

Rollercoaster

Just as I feared, the follow up process is already proving to be a rollercoaster.


A week and a half ago I had my first follow up CT scan. I really wasn't even nervous, it seemed too soon for anything to have changed, right? But then last Monday I got a call from Dr. R's office.

There appear to be two cysts on my remaining ovary.

The PA reassured me that it could be nothing, just a normal part of ovulation. But of course, it also could be something. Which is where the rollercoaster of emotions begins again.

Today I am having an ultrasound, which is supposed to show if they are just cysts or a more solid mass (aka tumors). I'm trying not to be nervous, I've done pretty well at convincing myself its nothing for the last week. But as the appointment gets closer, I can't help but worry.

I'm hoping to get off the rollercoaster today and not have to get back on for three more months. I don't know if I will get the results of the ultrasound today but I definitely should know by Friday when I have my next appointment with Dr. R.

But today I ask for your prayers again.

Please pray that these are just cysts and not reoccurance.

Thank you so much for your continued love and support.

4 comments:

  1. We're thinking of you. Hope all goes well and quickly for you! (I hate waiting).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! Lots of prayers headed your way....and just so you know...I'll come clean your floors in May for you...you don't have to have cancer for me to do it! (In case that's why your body is doing this...rest your ovaries assured I'll clean it for you regardless!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Dad and I continue to remember you in our prayers. We love you.

    Here is one of my favorite passages. It has gotten me through many dark days & nights. I pray God's comfort.

    "O Lord, You have searched me and have known me. You know my downsitting and uprising; You understand my thought afar off. For there is not a word in my tongue, but lo, O Lord, You know altogether. You have beset me and shut me in behind and before, and have laid Your hand upon me. Your infinite knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high above me, I cnanot reach it. Where could I go from Your Spirit? Or where could I flee from Your presence?......" Psalm 139: 1-7....v 24

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone!

    Rachael - LOL! I will try to reassure my ovary!

    Emma - I got your comment and read the verse just before the ultrasound doctor came in to give me the results. Thank you so much for giving me something better to think about during those stressful moments. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Your support and prayers are so important to me!