Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Lucky Indeed

While we wait, lets focus on better things...

Like my fantastic birthday a couple weeks ago!

I originally wasn't going to celebrate my birthday this year - I'd decided to be done with celebrating my bday after last year. Its not that I hate getting older, but the stress and planning just wasn't my cup of tea anymore.

But then I was reminded just how lucky I am to have another year behind me.

So, I decided to celebrate it!

I still wanted low-key - just my nearest and dearest having some delicious food together. I made reservations at a local tapas restaurant and planned on downing some sangria.

It was a beautiful day, crazy warm - I was able to wear a strappy sundress for the first time in the history of my technically-end-of-winter birthday! That alone made me happy - everyone should know of my love of warm weather and summer dresses.

After a quick stop at a housewarming party for an old friend (where I also got to catch up with some former co-workers that I just don't see enough of) it was off to the birthday dinner.

Only a few people had arrived when around the corner came a huge surprise:


My dear friend Lisa (mommy to these cuties) had flown in from Michigan and surprised me!

I was so surprised it took me quite a few minutes to really believe she was there! It was so special to have her there - I don't we've celebrated either of our birthdays together since I was 23! Special thanks to her co-conspirator Sarah G!


The rest of the celebration was just icing on the cake! The food was fantastic, the sangria was perfect, and being surrounded by (most of) my closest friends was exactly what birthdays should be all about!


Thank you eveyone for coming out and celebrating with me - I love you all so much!

After dinner a few of us decided to go across the stree to a piano bar - there were a ton of people out celebrating St. Patty's Day!



The guy playing the piano electric keyboard was pretty hilarious - but that didn't stop Sarah R and I from making multiple desperate requests.


Such a fun night! I am truly the luckiest girl ever!

2 comments:

  1. I made it onto your blog! That was a fun surprise and I don't know anyone who deserved something like that more than you! You looked beautiful and the food was delicious. Glad I could be a part of it ;). Praying with you as we all wait. You aren't alone in this! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you came Sarah - you definitely brought the best "present" of the night! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete

Your support and prayers are so important to me!