Friday, March 9, 2012

One Word

Way back in December, I began seeing a number of posts around the web about One Word. Basically the idea behind it is to choice one word to focus on for the year. I hadn't heard of it before, but since I've never been much of a New Year's Resolution peron, I was intrigued. But of course, I was in the middle of waiting for my second surgery, so making a decision about what to focus on for the next year was almost impossible. I couldn't see anything in my life clearly past January 3rd - and the fuzzy future seemed likely to involve chemo, hair loss, and puking. But I was trying to hold out hope and I wasn't ready to re-organize my whole life around cancer. So, I just waited. And now that I feel a little more confident about what this year will hold (as much as anyone can be) I'm ready to pick my word for the year.

After much thought about what one word could sum up what I hope for this year, I settled on what I hope will serve me well for the next 200+ days.

Pursue [per-soo] Verb,
1. to strive to gain; seek to attain or accomplish (an end, object, purpose, etc.).
2. to proceed in accordance with (a method, plan, etc.).

I can't say that I understand why certain things have happened to me...
or what I am supposed to learn from them...
or that I know what this year has in store...

But I know that I want to be more deliberate about how I live my life. I'm an easy-going, laid back, type B kind of girl - and I like that about myself. But I think I've let my "que sera, sera" nature get a little too out of hand. While I'm mostly content to take what life hands me, there are some things that I really do want for my future. And I'm ready to take charge of trying to get to them. Part of this blog will be to hold me accountable for the things I am trying to pursue in my life. I hope you will all continue to support and encourage me as I figure out how to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your support and prayers are so important to me!