Friday, January 6, 2012

Thankful

As most of you know by now, the surgery was a complete success in more ways than one. They removed my omentum and multiple lymph nodes plus did biopsies of many areas inside my abdomen - and NO CANCER WAS FOUND! They did not need to do a hysterectomy - so they didn't do one! And today we received the final confirmation from the second set of pathology reports done on all the tissue samples - No Chemo will be necessary!!

I can say with all honesty that this was not the outcome I expected. It was certainly the one I hoped for and the one I asked all of you to pray for - but it isn't what I expected.

I had already done my bargaining with God, reasoning out which parts of this I would rather experience since I didn't think it was fair to expect that I wouldn't have to endure any of it.

But God has always been full of miraculous surprises.

A little over fifty days ago I was told that I had cancer - stage 3 was alluded to briefly. I was told that I would never be able to get pregnant - that a full hysterectomy would be inevitable. And I was told that I would certainly need chemo - they were even willing to start it prior to the staging surgery.

Today, none of that appears true. While I haven't had a long discussion with Dr. R, I believe my cancer will still be classified as Stage 1. It has not spread to any other part of my body from all the tests they have run. I have no reason to think I won't someday get to experience pregnancy - plus, I don't have to worry about menopause at 30 either. And lastly, chemo is not needed - no losing my hair, being sick, or worrying about missing work.

I am still not sure how to process all of this.

All that I know is that God has granted many many prayers. And that I am so very very thankful.

I know that God did not make this decision because I had so many people praying for me. I don't believe God makes those decisions based on who has the biggest prayer chain. I do not feel that I "deserved" this outcome - it is purely God's grace in action.

But I do believe that God has used this ordeal to promote His plan, to reveal certain truths to me and maybe even to some of you. I thank you all from the very bottom of my heart for pleading with Him on my behalf. I do believe that this entire ordeal would have been much more difficult if I had not had each and every one of you supporting me. And I hope that some of you will see the ways that God used this to grow your own faith in His goodness and mercy.

I certainly have had my eyes opened through all of this - and I believe I will continue to have some of the reasons revealed to me.

I am probably being discharged today. I will continue to keep you all updated on my recovery and on any further doctor appointments. I will see Dr. R in about a week to have my staples removed and to discuss follow up monitoring. So, for now I just request your prayers one more time:

Specific Prayer Request for 1/6/12:
1. Prayers of THANKSGIVING for granting all of my wishes and prayers! I can not thank God enough for seeing me through this and bringing me to the other side with such a miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your support and prayers are so important to me!