Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Recovery

Just checking in to let you all know how my recovery is going. The first week was pretty rough, especially since I spent most of it in the hospital. While the doctors and nurses took very good care of me, spending four days in a hospital is exhausting. And then there is the actual recovering...

Once I got home, things got much better. So far this recovery has actually been easier in many ways than the last time. It has taken much less time for me to be able to be comfortable walking around and there have been far fewer of the sudden pains from last time.

We did have one or two disconcerting moments when my incision would start bleeding. Once we even spent about 5 hours in the ER in the middle of the night to have it checked out. Turns out it is completely normal for this kind of verticle incision. And, as a bonus I actually got to have my staples out four days earlier than expected! (Which was good because I was about to start ripping them out myself - so irritating!)

There are still a few things I can't do for myself and I am still sleeping a lot during the day. But I am really hoping to be back at work and on with my life pretty soon. Mom and I have been completely spoiled by all the meals that have been delivered and all the downtime from our normally busy life. In fact, I'm afraid we are both going to need some serious incentives in order to re-enter the "real world" when she leaves in a week. I know I have really enjoyed having her around - guess I'll have to get used to only talking to the dogs again!

My next doctor's appointment is February 3rd and I expect to get some more info about what my follow up will look like over the next few years. I will keep you all updated after that appointment!

Specific Prayer Request for January 18, 2012:

1. Continued prayers of thankgiving! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your support and prayers are so important to me!