Thursday, December 29, 2011

Change of Plans

My surgery is not tomorrow!

Sorry for the last minute notification to many of you who have been following along. I learned about this change in schedule about a week and a half ago, but I was initially so frustrated about it that I honestly didn't want to accept it. I did get over it within a few days, but then the holidays came and went and I didn't have time to update anyone but those who were directly affected. (By the way, Christmas was GREAT! I went to visit my mom and Mawmaw in New Orleans - and ate enough seafood to last through all the gross hospital food to come. ) Now, I'm actually pretty grateful for a few extra days to finish up some last minute work and visit with a few friends.

Anyways, due to overbooking in the OR, my surgery has been pushed back to January 3rd.

Happy New Year to me! ;)

My mom is already in town, she will be staying for 2-3 weeks after surgery. We are busy getting things ready and I'm very grateful that she is here to help me prepare and then recover. And she brought her cat, so my dogs are grateful for a new friend to play with - okay, mostly just bark at from the other side of the doggy gate.

And of course, I am still recieving support from friends near and far. Melanie is setting up another calendar for bringing by meals - so feel free to contact her if you'd like to pitch in. (Her email is on the sidebar.) It was appreciated it so much those first few weeks after my last operation! For those of you who are too far to drop off the meal yourself, there are a couple options for having meals delivered. Its one of the perks of living in the big city.

But of course, if you are close enough to hand deliver or even if you aren't bringing food, I really did like having visitors last time. Sitting around doing nothing would have driven me nuts if not for the regular interuption of friends (and the occassional cute baby). So, please feel free to stop by anytime really. I'll be in the hospital for three days - shoot me a message and I'll let you know which one. Otherwise, I'll just be hanging out at home and watching a lot of television. :)

But most of all, I'd appreciate your continued positive thoughts, crossed fingers, breath holding and of course your prayers.

Specific Prayer requests for 12/28/11:

1. Prayers of Thanksgiving for a holiday spent with family and for the feelings of peace and joy that come with this blessed time of year. Also, for few extra days to do some fun things before surgery.
2. Pray for continued peace as surgery approaches. I am feeling pretty calm about whatever happens next week right now, please pray that this continues.

XOXO,
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking of you on January 3rd for sure! And, hmm...how about some baked mac&cheese squares to share? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying. I'm certain you won't feel up to blogging or posting on Twitter, but have your mom or someone at least post something to let us know how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete

Your support and prayers are so important to me!