Friday, December 2, 2011

Big Day Today

Today is the big day - well, the first of many big days. Today is my appointment with Dr. R, where I will hopefully get some difinitive answers and when my next surgery will be scheduled.

Some of the things I hope to learn:

- What kind of cancer? The first docs were calling it "Endometrial" but since then there has been some question about it being "Ovarian".
- When will surgery happen?
- What are my chances at NOT having to have a full hysterectomy?
- What are my fertility options if a hysterectomy looks likely?
- How soon after surgery will chemo start?

I have about a thousand other questions too - but those are the big ones. I'm really ready for all the questions that have been swirling around in my head to be answered.

My appointment is at 2:45pm, I will try to update everyone as soon as possible.

Specific Prayer Requests for 12/2/11:

1. For Dr. R - for wisdom, discernment, and gentleness as he presents information and options.
2. That the labs, films, and CT scan will give Dr. R enough information to be prepared and prepare me for what lays ahead.
3. That the labs, films and CT scan results will reveal best case scenarios and not worst.
4. That I will have peace in the information given and decisions that need to be made.

Thank you all so, so much for all the support - I truly feel it every day!

Love,
Rachel

Psalm 91
Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.

If you say, “The LORD is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;

they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

“Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”


{Emphasis mine}

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you today, may you find peace admidst your questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of prayers being said for you today!

    ReplyDelete

Your support and prayers are so important to me!