Friday, December 9, 2011

Almost a Convert

If you know me well, you know I don't really like doctors. I rarely go to them (unless I have strep throat, in which case I am standing at the door when they open). I'm not scared of doctors, needles, or blood - I just don't care for going to the doctor myself. I don't like that they are quick to prescribe medication when we could accomplish the same thing with lifestyle changes. I don't care for waiting when I made an appointment. I believe most things can be cured by my chiropractor and my Neti-pot. But mostly, I've just never really needed to spend much time with a doctor. I only get sick about twice a year - and rarely need medicine to get over it.

But I just might be converted.

I met my new Internal Medicine doctor - we'll call her Dr. Grey, cause she actually has the same name as one of the doctors on Grey's Anatomy. I was referred to Dr. Grey by Dr. R, which should have been my first clue that I would like her. I had to see her so that I could be cleared for surgery.

She is awesome. She spent a lot of time understanding how I got here - not just my medical history, but my experience for the last month. I really appreciated that she didn't just come in and jump right into an exam.

Then she tracked down all my labs and tests - CT scan, EKG, bloodwork, etc. And she gave me some more good news!

She read my CT scan results to me - "normal", "free of any metastatic disease".

Which means there was no sign of any tumors or cancerous masses!

I am sure that these results went into Dr. R's positive report last Friday, but it was still really nice to hear out loud! It doesn't mean for sure that the cancer hasn't spread at all - but it is still a very good sign.

One more positive sign.

Every little bit helps.

A few more appointments with good news like this and they may convert me to loving doctors yet! :)

1 comment:

  1. Kari Doddek CrosierDecember 9, 2011 at 10:26 PM

    Yay! I hope the good news keeps coming! We'll keep praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

Your support and prayers are so important to me!